Sunday, January 31, Fourth Sunday After Epiphany
Almighty and everlasting God, you govern all things both in heaven and on earth: Mercifully hear the supplications of your people, and in our time grant us your peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Sunday, January 31 is the fourth Sunday after Epiphany. Find the readings here.
Bulletin, Morning Prayer, Rite II January 31
Bulletin, Morning Prayer, Rite I January 31
Dear Friends in Christ,
This week’s worship videos are now available:
Morning Prayer, Rite II
Morning Prayer, Rite I
I can't wait to see you all at our Annual Meeting today at noon. At the meeting, we'll vote on whether we're going to do the Sunday Stroll (during "other business"), so don't miss it.
Here's how to join:
• To join on a computer, tablet, or smartphone with the Zoom app installed, click here: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83593573858?pwd=dGJkcDRlRWFTYWl0d29uYmNONXpwZz09
• To call in on a smartphone, tap here: +16465588656,,83593573858#,,,,*781266#
• To join on a conventional phone, call (646) 558-8656 then enter the Meeting ID: 835 9357 3858, and then the Passcode: 781266
Here's the Agenda:
The 159th Annual Meeting of
Saint John’s Church
The Rev. Bret B. Hays, Rector, presiding
1. Call to Order and Opening Prayer – The Rev. Bret Hays – 2 min.
2. Approval of the Minutes of the 158th Annual Meeting – Joan Gorga, Clerk – 3 min.
3. Report of the Nominating Committee – Karen Kasper, Warden and Committee Member – 5 min.
3a. Presentation of the Committee’s slate
Wardens: Karen Kasper and Ellen Sibley
Vestry: Janet Knott and Doug Parsons (one position vacant)
Treasurer: Sue Lupo
Clerk: Joan Gorga
Diocesan Delegates: Gwen Kopka and Geoff Pope
Diocesan Alternates: Bill Melvin and Ellen Sibley
Deanery Delegates: Rick Britton and Lynn Runnells
3b. Nominations from the floor
4. Receipt of Committee/Guild Reports – as printed in the Annual Report – 10 min.
Questions and Discussion
5. Receipt of Financial Reports – Sue Lupo, Treasurer – 15 min.
5a. Treasurer’s Report
5b. 2021 Budget
5c. Questions and Discussion
6. Anti-Racism Programming Overview – Rick Britton, Claudette Chmura, and Connie DeSimone – 10 min.
7. Strategic Planning Overview – The Rev. Bret Hays – 10 min.
8. Other Business and General Discussion – 10 min.
9. Acknowledgements – 5 min.
9a. Acknowledgement of Staff and Volunteers – The Rev. Bret Hays
9b. Acknowledgement of departing Vestry members – Karen Kasper and Ellen Sibley, Wardens
10. Adjournment and Closing Prayer – The Rev. Bret Hays – 2 min.
Here are Mark's music notes:
It is the first time we’ve used the full 16 window potential of the Acapella app choir window on our first hymn: “Joyful, joyful we adore Thee!” You’ll note that some of us sing in more than one window … usually indicating that we’re singing different voice parts.
We’re also featuring an anthem that we know pretty well, and also love: “There’s a wideness in God’s mercy.” The final hymn is also known as “The Summons.” It could have been paired with the readings from the last several weeks … but we’re including it now noting that the text fits in with our focus on the year in review, as well as the Annual Meeting.
Recent PostsSee All
Join us tonight, Friday, January 6 at 6:00 pm for a special Epiphany service followed by a community potluck dinner. 48 Middle St or join us for the live stream on Facebook!
The Diocese of Massachusetts is establishing the Bishop Gayle E. Harris Fund for Leadership Development for Women of Color to honor Bishop Gayle’s 20 years of service as Bishop Suffragan of the Dioc
Dust off your crockpots and mixers! St. John’s is once again celebrating Epiphany with an Evening Service and Pot Luck! Friday, January 6, 2023 @ 6:00 pm Drop your foodstuff or beverage off in the Par